A few days ago, Twitter released a new application called “Periscope”. The application enables you to broadcast live videos from anywhere in the world through your mobile device.
On January 27th, Facebook and Instargram were down for a few hours. Many people started to panic, no one want to loose their pictures from Instagram, who are we kidding?
So I posted this Tweet just right when Facebook was down and luckily CNN featured it on their website.
The beauty of Twitter is getting noticed when posting the most natural Tweet in the right time.
Hootsuite University is part of Hootsuite online courses that includes a variety of lectures related to social media trends, best practices, and the latest in the industry. The lectures are video based and are easy to understand. Many of the videos are in Spanish in addition to the English language. The lectures are also industry specific (Healthcare, Education, Financial Services & Entertainment).
Perhaps the most appealing course is how to generate leads and target prospects using social media!
You can become a Hootsuite Certified Professional by passing 9 exams. Once certified, you will be listed in the website according to your city.
In addition to the great features that Hootsuite offers, I strongly recommend adding the certificate to your resume
EDGE RANK is the name commonly given to the ALGORITHM that Facebook uses to determine what should be displayed in a user’s NEWS FEED. As of 2011. Facebook has stopped using the EDGE RANK term INTERNALLY to refer to its NEWS FEED RANKING ALGORITHM.
EDGE RANK used to be straight forward with 3 main components and their subsets. Now Facebook has a new algorithm that takes into account more than 100K factors in addition to the original three
Analysis of the Internet Retailer 500 Facebook Pages shows engagement sunk 27% in 2013 vs 2012, and rumors abound that Facebook’s News Feed algorithm is increasingly hiding Page posts to force marketers to pay for exposure in the News Feed.
The average user’s network generates 1500 updates per day, but only a fraction of them appears in the News Feed. More individual status updates means more competition for organic slots
Facebook never revealed all ranking factors, only some. Researchers, surveyors and analysts tried to figure out some others
The old formula
You might have noticed lately that some posts on Facebook might get more engagement than others in the same page. The same goes with Twitter and LinkedIN. After studying the behavior of Fans and Followers on social media using sources like Social Bakers, Quintly and BufferApp, the following are the ideal length to post on different social media platforms:
The ideal length of a tweet is 100 characters
If you are new to Twitter or have been using the micro blog site for a while, getting new followers is probably one of your priorities. The following are my top 7 things to do to increase your followers base for your personal account
1. Have a clear personal profile and back ground image. Tweeps need to know who they are talking to
2. Have a clear bio. State why are you on Twitter, what are the topics you are interested in. I also prefer if you use one or two hash tags in the bio
At first those 140 characters might seem confusing but it’s actually simpler than we think.
The average person enters into 3 phases with Twitter:
1. Exploration phase: where you are only observing what other people are posting on Twitter
2. Love and hate phase: where you start posting some content and receive little engagement, might have less than 100 followers. This is an important milestone where you either see Twitter as a confusing unnecessary platform or start liking it!
3. Addiction phase: where you start to understand how things get along with Twitter, have a decent number of followers and engagement.
Here are some tips to survive all phases:
1. Have a clear and interesting bio, clear location and profile picture. That will bring you followers.
2. Follow people whom you find have interesting content and also follow your friends.
3. Post interesting content that is not personal, we are not really interested in what you had for breakfast today.
4. Use hashtags (#) this will make your Tweets more visible. Also check the trending hashtags when posting.
5. Become a citizen journalist & post things and events happening now around you. Make your tweets genuine and interesting. If you are posting other people content, you must mention them in your tweet, it is good for your credibility.
6. Retweet and Favorite tweets you find interesting. It is a simple way to show appreciation to the content you like. And most importantly the person you Tweet can reply to you & follow you in return.
7. Don’t follow more than double the people who follow you back. That will make you look desperate for attention.
Finally, what makes you important is the content you post, simply because content is king in social media.