Today, social media users are obsessed with getting verified. But if you are not a celebrity or a public figure you can still apply for verification on Instagram. Below is what has been published on their website.
Note: if you are not a business and your Instagram account is a business profile, I recommend switching it back to a personal account as the documents required for a business is official registration licenses which I assume you do not have.
How do you request a verified badge for your profile?
To request a verified badge, you must be a public figure, celebrity or brand and meet certain account and eligibility requirements.
To request a verified badge:
- Make sure you’re logged in to the account you’re requesting a verified badge for.
- Go to your profile and tap .
- TapSettings > Request Verification.
- Enter your full name and provide the required form of identification (example: government issued photo ID).
Keep in mind that even if your account is eligible for verification, submitting a request doesn’t guarantee that your account will be verified.
Instagram will get back to you within a 1 week or a bit more.
What are the requirements to apply for a verified badge?
We look at a number of factors when evaluating Instagram accounts to determine if they’re in the public interest and meet our verification criteria.
In addition to following Instagram’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, your account also needs to be:
- Authentic: Your account must represent a real person, registered business or entity.
- Unique: Your account must be the unique presence of the person or business it represents. Only one account per person or business may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts. We don’t verify general interest accounts (example: @puppymemes).
- Complete: Your account must be public and have a bio, profile photo and at least one post. Your profile can’t contain “add me” links to other social media services.
- Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity. We review accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and we don’t consider paid or promotional content as sources for review.
Keep in mind that if you provide false or misleading information during the verification process, Instagram will remove your verified badge and may take additional action to delete your account.